Small Cost Tips
How to buy a carpet the smarter way – Choosing the right carpet
What to consider before you buy
Buying a carpet is a significant investment for your home so if you get it wrong it can be very expensive if you have to replace them too soon. There is a lot to think about before you choose a carpet as there are so many carpet types, textures and prices to consider which is why it is always advisable to speak to a professional Carpet Retailer. Small Cost Carpets are passionate about selling carpets and flooring and over many years have acquired expert knowledge and experience. Please find some important information which will help you make the right choice.
- Carpets have numerous benefits including warmth, sound insulation properties, and a luxury soft feel. Here are a few of our top tips to follow when buying a carpet for your home.
- How long do you want the carpet to last for and how much wear is required. Ask us to show you carpets that reflects your lifestyle giving you maximum performance.
- It is always advisable to take away carpet samples from our member showrooms so you can be sure the colour you choose will match with your home decor. You will also need to think about the width and pattern of the carpet will fit your room without the need of oddly positioned seams.
- Never rely on your own measurements. Small Cost Carpets are professionals and will measure your carpet free of charge. This is because if anything goes wrong it is their responsibility to sort things out and not yours.
- You generally get what you pay for which is why it is best to buy at the top end of your budget. A heavier weight carpet combined with a high density pile will last longer than a lighter and looser pile.
- The carpet will only perform to its maximum if it is fitted professionally and with a new underlay. Just think how a car performs with worn tyres, a new underlay will extend the life of your carpet up to 40%.
- Let Small Cost Carpets help you select the right carpet – Remember heavier weight and higher pile density carpets last longer in heavy wear areas.
Get in contact with one of our team and we can start to journey through your new style!